Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Where does the time go???

Isn't it hard to believe that we are already coming near to the end of January? Where does the time go??? I have once again, been shown how fragile and precious life is. A friend of Mr. Inky and mine found out she had colon cancer last October. When we visited her before Christmas, she didn't look that ill and to everyone pleasant surprise, she came to Christmas day service. She had to use a wheel-chair, for she couldn't walk very far, but still she looked good. On the 12th we visited her, in the hospital, as her last treatment was too much and made her very ill. It was good to see her and she was glad for all the company that had come that day. We promised we would be back to see her, but that time never came. In a week's time, the Lord brought her home. We left behind will miss her and for ourselves we are sad, yet glad that she is in Heaven with Jesus. I guess, I share all this to say, don't let time go by. . .let your family, friends, and even neighbors that you love them, that you care. Stay in touch, by a note, by a phone call, by a visit. None of us can make up time and once one is gone, it's too late.

I have been stamping and making cards and I need to get some addressed and out in the mail.

This first card is one I made for one of the stamping groups I am in. The COTM (card of the month) theme was snow with a bear image. Since, I don't have any stamps with snow and a bear, I used several stamps.

I stamped Tilda, masked her, then stamped the snowballs and stippled the sky and stamped the verse. The bear was stamped, colored, cut-out and then layered on. I used stickles on the snowballs, but in the scan you can't see the sparkle. I had fun making this card and the lady who received it liked it!

For the next card, I used the image I got from the "Goodie Bag" swap, I was in this month. For this one, I laid a piece of copy paper over the image and traced around it. Then I cut the traced image out, laid it on the image, and then stamped that trees. I used stickles on the dots to enhance the snow falling, but the scan doesn't show that.

This is the last card, I'll show you today. All but the pink paper, I received in the "Goodie Bag" swap. I think this image could be for Valentine's Day, yet I think one could use it for birthday's and/or thinking of you.
'til next time.
hugs and Prayers,
Inkyhive


2 comments:

  1. Great cards, thanks for sharing.
    Very sorry for your loss and good reminder.
    a friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards Inkyhive! I can't wait till our next get together as you are my inspiration in card making and sending greetings to those in need of a pick me up! The snowball card is so adorable, as are they all!
    AJ

    ReplyDelete