Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Is it Fall or Summer???

I can't decide if it is Summer or if it is Fall. The end of August, first part of September, it was very much like Fall. Several days back, it began to get hot -- high 70's to mid-80's and very humid. The humidity was so high 99%, I couldn't take it anymore, so the air conditioner went on.

I haven't done a lot of stamping, but I have gotten a couple of cards made and thought I would let you see. This first one is a Shy Bear, which I am crazy about! I'm sorry the scan doesn't show the clouds very well. The layout idea, for this card came from a couple of challenges I came across while surfing. On this card, I used glitter (pen), flowers/leaves, and Cuttlebug embossing folder.



This card is done with a stamp-n-stencil set, that can be found here. http://www.wood-n-paper-ink.com/m_29.asp?pa=m_29 Just click on the stamp-n-stencil set on the left hand side. There are many designs to pick from. This was my first attempt, first card, using a stamp-n-stencil set. This one is called Giraffe - P288. If you do order any, please let AJ, know that Inkyhive sent you. . .That way she will know stampers are seeing her product.
I stamped the image with black Stazon and then I colored the image using the stencil parts. The coloring is done with a stipple brush. I then cut it out with my oval scalloped nestabilitie and before removing the die, I stippled some green around the inside of the die, leaving the white ring scalloped edge. I layered that on a piece of paper from the pack of Harvest & Holiday. It is by Debbie Mumm for Jo-Ann fabrics and crafts. The card is brown cardstock.If you don't have one of these sets, you might want to take a look and order one or two or three. It is a lot of fun and very easy.
Hope this inspires you to make a card or two.

God's Word is my road map. . .

1 comment: