My stamping friend, AJ and I got together yesterday. It was a day of fun, chatting, sharing, making cards and laughter! She had more old photo's and we both got a card completed as well as working on others.
This is a photo of a wedding couple back in the 1800's. Actually, this is a scan of a photo, for we want to keep the originals intact. The scan was done, while AJ's printer was running out of ink, thus some of the purple. I thought I would play around with it, with some of Tim Holtz's distressed inks and then I used a fine grain piece of sand paper and made some scratch marks. Some times I think I might have overdone the scratching and other times, I say, it is an old photo and has been handled a lot! I used a Label nestabilities, that AJ has and didn't write the number done. The card base is a cream color and edged it with sand ink. The scan doesn't show it very well.
This card, I put together last week, and is done with the photo (scan) that she also made into a card on our last visit. I layered the card front with a piece of paper that is made from real wood! I sure like the look and look forward to making more cards, using the wood. At first I had the idea of the photo being hung on the wall, but wondered if it looked to bare, so then I added the photo tabs. I still don't know about it, but AJ like it, and since it is all glued down, it will have to stay that way!!
Thank you, for taking a look. Until next time. . .