Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Veteran's Thank You card

I wanted to share this very simple and quick card, that I am making to send to the Veteran's that attend my church. This past Sunday, the Pastor had them stand up so, we could give them a hand of appreciation. I quickly wrote their names down and thought it would be nice to send a card of thank you to them. Some served in WWII, Korean War, Viet Nam, the Gulf War and the present day war in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Since the card is white, I placed it on a piece of chipboard, so it would show up. I started by stamping the image in the lower right hand corner and then I used a red and a blue marker to make the lines around the edge of the card. Lastly I stamped the Thank you. I still have 5 more to make, so they will not get mailed today. I will write a note in each of them and get them in the mail tomorrow.

I hope this gives you an idea for a card. . .be it a Veteran's Day card or Birthday or Thinking of you card. Not every card we make, needs to be elaborate or fancy. . .the point, I think, is to let another know we are thinking of them.

Thank you, for taking a look.
Inkyhive
Air Force brat
Proud wife of a Viet Nam Vet
Proud Aunt to a nephew who served in Iraq

3 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful example of a simple card, and I love it! The recipients are sure to love it, too!

    Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card Inkyhive. You are right, the card doesn't have to be elaborate. I think I spend too much time wanting to do something elaborate and it never gets to the mailbox. I am going to try to make some like it. Thanks for the tip and for remembering out Vets! AJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is SOOO precious!!! Our troops are such special people and deserve to be remembered in such a wonderful way. Bless you for your thoughtfulness!!!

    ReplyDelete