Monday, August 3, 2009

Christmas or winter card

It really isn't too early to think of Christmas cards. I have been known to put them off till mid-November or later and I don't want to do that this year. If I made one here and there, I could come up with one that I could make several of the same design.
I wanted to share this card, I began over the week-end. I was reading blogs on Thursday night and I'm sorry, I don't recall what blog I was reading. The card I saw was beautiful, though larger than the A2 I am doing, so mine isn't exactly like what I saw. I liked the idea that this is not the usual color for Christmas. [Because the card itself is white, I laid it on chipboard to help show it a bit better.]
I have put the card, off to the side for a little while. . .as I decide if I want to add "Merry Christmas" or "let it snow", or something, on the front. If you have any ideas, please leave a comment and even if you don't have an idea, let me know what you think of the card/colors :D
Okay, I have to close for now. I have to go the PO to mail my care package, to my nephew. Thank you, for your prayers for him and I thank those who have written me, with your words of encouragement.
I hope you all had a pleasant week-end.
~~Inkyhive

3 comments:

  1. I think this is so pretty just the way it is. I love that tree! There is a challenge blog called Christmas Stamping All Year Long that helps you get motivated to get your Christmas cards done early. You might enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Inkyhive, I love the card. The tree is beautiful. And the snowflakes around it are great. I don't know that there is room for Merry Christmas, etc on the front. It is delicate just the way it is. hugs, Jani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Inky,

    I am back and trying to catch up with comments on all my friend's blogs. Love your Christmas card. I need to start working on some Christmas cards too but have so much to do before that.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete