Wednesday, July 15, 2009

a challenge

I know, I know, it's been several days since I my last post. I didn't forget the blog or you. I have been working in the yard a few minutes at a time; several times a day. As some of you know, I had a knee replacement Dec. 2004 and a revision 18 months later in July 2006. Anyway, because of that, I also have problems with my back and pain in both places. I'm not complaining, for I am just pleased to be able to walk and to drive. For 2 years Aug. '04 to Oct. '06 I couldn't do either. That was a true learning experience. Anyway, I have been working on a flower garden. Well, actually a couple of them. I can only work for so long and then I have to rest. . .sometimes the pain gets the better of me. Thankfully, most of the time, the pain doesn't get too me, too badly. I have also, been doing my daily things around the house and I have been stamping!!! For me, stamping is not only fun, but great therapy!!!


The first card I want to share with you, is from a challenge I saw on Denise's blog. Denise posted a challenge to use orange and brown along with some rick rack on your card. The rick rack could be ribbon, a brad, a stamp. It took me a couple of hours to come up with my design, but once it hit, it came together quickly! The bear is from a gift tag that I had gotten some years ago. I tend to save lots and like to recycle when I can. The rick rack tab is from a Stamping Up Stamp and then I punched it out with a tab punch. I used my Score-It to make the lines and then took some brown ink to go over the embossed lines. After that I punched the holes to complete the look of notebook paper.

Thank you, for letting me share what I came up with.

hugs,
Inkyhive

Cast your cares upon the LORD
and HE will sustain you. . .Psalm 55:22



No comments:

Post a Comment