Monday, March 7, 2011

couple more cards

Hey, can you believe, it's Monday and I'm posting again!!! Only two days have past since I have shared with you. I thought I would share two cards I made today, all the stamps are by AJ and if you would like any of them, please give her a shout.

I like this saying and OH how true it is. . .
I am also very partial to this tree, too. . .

As AJ was sharing with my when she heard this saying, I thought wow, this is so appropriate for any time and any one. I stamped the saying on some Basic Gray paper, I bought years ago and of course, can't find it anymore. Maybe it isn't make any longer, as I know Basic Gray has so many others. I then layered it on some brown paper and then I layered it on a piece of background paper, I'd had again for a l-o-n-g time and in one of my many piles. It's a little thicker than tissue paper and has thread like pieces of different colors and then I put that on the card front. At the bottom, I use some buttons I have and in real life you can see the buttons pick up some of the colors in the background paper.
I was able to make another one of this one since I really like it and want to send it to someone, yet had to have one for AJ.
Guess, that's it for today, but I do want to thank each of you who have left a comment. Hope you had a great week-end and may the week ahead be full of blessings.
Till next time,
Inkyhive

2 comments:

  1. Hi Inky,

    Hope you are well. :)
    Lovely cards and wonderful sayings!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both these cards, Inky. Both sayings are beautiful and meaningful. Is the tree in the first card part of the sentiment? I'm thinking not but wanted to check. Thanks for posting these!

    Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete